About Me

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Breath, Sweat and Tears


Bali, Indonesia

What a magical place... Been living in Ubud for almost 3 weeks now - the art mecca of Bali. The talent is endless, the scenery priceless. Details I've only heard about - kindness I've only read about. This is probably the safest I've ever felt while traveling, even though the Australian and American government flagged warnings. It's too bad the terrorists touched a place like this - a spiritual and balanced environment drawing tourists here for decades. It has definitely slowed down due to 'fear'. Now that I'm on the other side I realize how ridiculous that was and I'm proud to support such a culture...

I've been practicing Yoga again - if there is ever a time, ever a place - it is here. Found the most surreal setting - perched on top of a man made wooden creation - overlooking rice fields and tropical trees - sounds only of birds and various animals. The humidity plus Vinyasa flow equals BIKRAM! The teachers know just what to say - just how to make my body move. In the midst of acclimating to this climate and culture, I used Yoga to cultivate the feelings/emotions inside of me after flying to the other side of the world. It took me a couple of days to feel OK - got a little sick and felt slightly out of place. I knew yoga would do the trick. Some classes are so intense... I am sweating so many things out of my body - triple releasing with breath, sweat and tears - all at once! I've never known Yoga to be this beautiful, this deep - It's not only releasing toxins, but true emotions I couldn't possibly have found back at home. I vow to continue this practice when arriving back to my home land of 'Obama' (that's how they refer to the US here :) Lot's of support!!

I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing here yet - but it's guaranteed to catch up with me with the time is right...

No comments: